You make tea, you dip tea-bags in – but don’t throw them away after you are done with them! Even after providing you with a rejuvenating drink, they have enough benefits left in them to help you out in five ways.
- Tea is an excellent ingredient for reducing blemishes on the skin! It contains tannin which being anti-inflammatory and soothing removes redness and swelling. Hence it is effective against under-eye bags, herpes marks, bruises, scratches and pigmentations on the skin. Just wet the tea-bag under cold running water and apply to the affected areas for about 15 minutes.
- No need to buy shoe deodorizers or fancy dehumidifiers for your expensive boots! Tea-bags will help you out even here! Simply dry tea-bags and slip them into each shoe, and the wonder-bags will soak up the dampness and bad odor.
- Are you dreading washing up after dinner because you know you have about a dozen hard-crusted utensils in the kitchen sink? Yes, you’ve guessed it – tea-bags to the rescue again! Simply fill the sink with water and put in a tea-bag, and soak the cookware in it overnight, for easy scrubbing in the morning.
- Tea is also an excellent natural anti-insect and anti-pest ingredient. If you know the zones in your house where the dreaded creatures lurk, place tea-bags there to shoo them away without spraying harsh chemicals inside your home.
- Sometimes your fridge starts stinking, what with various kinds of food odors, spilled food and sometimes even spoiled food. There is a very easy way to get rid of this bad odor – just toss in a used bag of tea in one corner, and you are done. It will absorb the bad smell in the fridge.